To get the MOST out of life.. you need to get the MOST out of your food!
Over the last couple of months I have spent a lot of time reading about nutrition, including reading the amazing Eat. Nourish. Glow by Amelia Freer which has introduced the powers of juicing to me.
Any excuse to buy a kitchen gadget I treated myself to the Nutribullet Pro. Even bigger and better, the Nutribullet 900 Series Superfood nutrition extractor came equipped with a powerful high-torque power base and 900 watt motor for a smoother consistency. It also included a high torque power base, 2x extractor blades, an oversized cup, 2x tall cups, a short cup, handled and regular lip rings, flip top lid, 2x resealable lids, user manual, recipe books and a nutritionist book. So easy to use and even easier to clean (well apart from when the hubby use’s it and doesn’t put the lid on properly 😦 ) I have now been using the Nutribullet for over a month and love the varied juices that you can make. I even make soups!
To make the most from the juicing there are four easy steps to follow:
- Fill the cup with 50% leafy greens + 50% fruit (Boosts Optional)
- Fill only up to the MAX line with water and/or ice (coconut water really good too!)
- Add 1/8 to 1/4 cup nuts/seeds if desired.
- Twist on the Nutribullet blade and blend until smooth.
Leafy Greens – 50%
- Collard greens
- Spring Greens
- Swiss Chard
Fruits – 50%
- Grapes – red or green
- Pineapple – my fav!
Boosts (additional fibre and nutrition)
- Nuts – almonds, Cashews, Walnuts
- Super Chargers – Goji Berries, Acai Berries
- Seeds – Chia, Flax, Hemp, Pumpkin, Sesame, Sunflower
I have started to collate all my favourite combinations and will share these recipes!