So this week at slimming club is a taster session. Everyone brings in something they have made from Slimming World’s website or recipe books. Having a really BIG sweet tooth I decided to attempt a pudding style treat. I came across Coconut Macaroons – which I have aptly renamed skinny coconut meringues, as they are in fact nothing like macaroons 🙂
The recipe uses hardly any ingrediants, super quick to make and best bit of all they taster really really good, especially the chewy inside layer! (for anyone following Slimming World plan, each meringue equates to 2 syns)
- 4 egg whites
- 198g sugar
- 71g coconut
- Beat the egg whites until frothy (make sure no yolk whatsoever has contaminated the whites otherwise you could be whisking forever!)
- Add the sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold in the coconut, put mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe 30 macaroons onto a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated over (170ºC / 325ºF / Gas Mark 3)
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the baking sheet
Recipe from the Slimming World Website